Who We Are
Managedservices.co.uk is the online trading division of Brighter Connections Managed Services Ltd, company number 9974132, registered office Edgerton Villa, 22-24 Edgerton Road, Huddersfield, HD3 3AD.
Any questions about security of our systems and data protection requests can be made to the above address, by e-mail to email@example.com or by telephone to 0330 088 9999
We provide a business-to-business service to customers who have operations in the UK. We sell and re-sell cloud software and services, which we manage for our clients. We also sell and re-sell knowledge services to business customers online. Our services, solutions and website are intended for business users rather than private individuals.
What Information Do We Collect, How & Why?
Our website is intended for business-to -business use; as part of the operating of our site, and our ongoing business operations, we capture and process information that could be used to directly or indirectly identify a data subject.
The information that is available to us and which we also request and use is:
- Necessary to fulfil our obligations in entering into a business contract
- Necessary to our legitimate business interests in providing online services and in tracking the way that our site is used so that we can monitor the usage and security of the site and to enhance and manage the site
We ask for a minimal amount of personal information when you make a purchase, or when you make any enquiry by completing our online enquiry form. This information is necessary in order to identify you as a representative and contact for your organisation.
We do not seek your explicit consent for the processing of personal information as we need it to fulfil our contractual obligations and legitimate business interests in managing the site and in processing orders and maintaining a business relationship.
We will collect the following information from you when you type in and submit your details via an online form on our website. You may also give us information by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise.
1 For orders – we will need the following information to allow us to supply you with the products/services you have ordered.
- Your name, company name and contact information including the postal address, phone number and the email address that you provide
- Company bank details (if setting up an account with us)
- Card payment details (if paying by credit card)
2 For enquiries – we will need the following information to allow us to prepare as much relevant information as possible, prior to contacting you.
- Your name, job title, company email address & company telephone number
- Your company name
- Your company size (in terms of number of employees). This is optional.
- Your company industry sector. This is optional.
3 Cookies – when your visit our website, we will also collect data which allows us to recognise you, your preferences (including items added to your basket) and how you use this website. This saves you from re-entering information when you return to the site. This data is collected by cookies from your navigation around the site. Further information on cookies can be found below.
4 Your IP address – (this is your computer’s individual identification number) which is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in our website and your location (e.g. county/city) for our site analytics.
What Do We Do with the Information We Collect?
Depending on how you engage with us, we may use your information as follows:
- When you purchase from us, we will use your information to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us to provide you with the products and services you request from us. We will use the information to process your order, collect payment and for other purchase related services such as contacting you by phone or email in relation to your order and for ongoing customer service dealings
- For internal accounting and regulatory purposes.
- To administer our site and for internal operations including troubleshooting, statistical analysis to assess our business performance and to improve our products and services, testing and research purposes.
- To facilitate your use of this website and the services available through it; to improve and personalise your experience when you visit the website and make recommendations about other products and services that may interest you.
Who Do We Share It With?
We do not share your data with any third parties other than where it is necessary to fulfil our contractual obligations:
- Sub-contractors and suppliers who have a legitimate reason to process information to fulfil their own contractual obligations
- Our invoicing and payment gateway for online services is provided by a ‘Software as a Service” company that is based in the United States of America. That gateway is PCI compliant and is linked to a credit card payment system, but does not directly share credit card information with the gateway.
Security & Storage
We care about security and make every effort to ensure our transaction process is safe and that your personal information is secure.
We can assure you that every order you make on our website is safe and use strict security precautions such as the use of a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) server. Any information you enter while you’re using the secure server is encrypted before being transmitted.
You can check that you are shopping in a secure environment by looking for either a locked padlock icon or an image of a key in the bar at the bottom of your screen. Additionally, your web address should start with https: – the ‘s’ indicating it is a secure page. This should appear on any page where you are entering personal information, such as your payment card details.
In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences, store information for things like shopping baskets, and provide anonymised tracking data to third party applications like Google Analytics. As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser.
We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or looking at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers
Personal Data: Your Rights
We minimise the amount of person data that we collect. You have the right to rectification, erasure, restriction or objection to our ongoing use of your personal data. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Should you wish to not provide the contact details of a person then we will need an alternative means of addressing our contracts and communications in order to then process orders and service our organisation.
Terms & Conditions
Our Terms & Conditions of sale can be found here