Cyber Essentials – Do It Yourself
£300.00 + VAT
This is the Cyber Essentials security certification process provided by our partners IT Governance. This solution is for organisations that… read more
This is the Cyber Essentials security certification process provided by our partners IT Governance.
This solution is for organisations that have knowledge of all five security controls (secure configuration, boundary firewalls, access controls, patch management and malware protection) and are comfortable carrying out all of the preparation for certification.
Benefits of Cyber Essentials
The Cyber Essentials scheme is a world-leading, cost-effective assurance mechanism for companies of all sizes to demonstrate that the most important cyber security controls have been implemented.
It provides five security controls that, according to the UK government, could prevent “around 80% of cyber attacks”.
Correctly implemented cyber security has the additional advantage of driving business efficiency throughout the organisation, saving money and improving productivity.
How the application process works:
- You will receive details of how to log on to the IT Governance Cyber Essentials online portal.
- You define your scope for testing, which will either be the whole organisation’s enterprise IT or a subset.
- You complete and submit your self-assessment questionnaire (SAQ).
- IT Governance inform you if the SAQ meets the requirements of the Cyber Essentials scheme.
- You schedule your external vulnerability scan through the portal.
- Subject to a positive outcome, IT Governance issue your Cyber Essentials certificate.
If you need help defining your scope, or are unclear about any of the five Cyber Essentials control areas (secure configuration, boundary firewalls, access controls, patch management and malware protection), we recommend that you purchase our Get A Little Help package instead as that includes two hours of Live Online consultancy. We will then be able to help you through the application process. Alternatively, you can buy Live Online consultancy alongside your DIY application.
The package includes a free vulnerability scan for up to 16 IP addresses. If you have more than 16 IP addresses, you will need to purchase additional IP packages in packs of 16. If you fail your external scan, a vulnerability rescan will need to be purchased, plus any additional IP packages that you need.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.