Cyber Essentials – Get A Little Help
£555.00 + VAT
This is the Cyber Essentials security certification process, with 2 hours of online consultancy, provided by our partners IT Governance.… read more
- Add a review
This is the Cyber Essentials security certification process, with 2 hours of online consultancy, provided by our partners IT Governance.
We recommend this solution for organisations that are confident they have the skills to achieve Cyber Essentials certification, but are unsure of their scope and do not fully understand the five security controls (secure configuration, boundary firewalls, access controls, patch management and malware protection).
Benefits of Cyber Essentials
The Cyber Essentials scheme is a world-leading, cost-effective assurance mechanism for companies of all sizes to demonstrate that the most important cyber security controls have been implemented.
It provides five security controls that, according to the UK government, could prevent “around 80% of cyber attacks”.
Correctly implemented cyber security has the additional advantage of driving business efficiency throughout the organisation, saving money and improving productivity.
How the application process works:
- You will receive details of how to log on to the IT Governance Cyber Essentials online portal.
- We book your two hours of Live Online consultancy.
- You define your scope for testing, which will either be the whole organisation’s enterprise IT or a subset.
- You complete and submit your self-assessment questionnaire (SAQ).
- IT Governance inform you if the SAQ meets the requirements of the Cyber Essentials scheme.
- You schedule your external vulnerability scan through the portal.
- Subject to a positive outcome, IT Governance issue your Cyber Essentials certificate.
If you need a lot more help than the two hours of Live Online consultancy to define your scope, or to further understand the five Cyber Essentials control areas (secure configuration, boundary firewalls, access controls, patch management and malware protection), we recommend that you contact us as we are also able to provide additional consultancy services and solutions. We will then be able to help you through all areas of the application process in greater detail.
The package includes a free vulnerability scan for up to 16 IP addresses. If you have more than 16 IP addresses, you will need to purchase additional IP packages in packs of 16. If you fail your external scan, a vulnerability rescan will need to be purchased, plus any additional IP packages that you need.
You will receive the documentation toolkit and we’ll contact you at the same time to schedule your Live Online consultancy. Your Live Online consultancy can be split over multiple sessions but any unused time will not be credited back.